A recording of the Digital Roundtable hosted by Interfolio UK and SIRIS Academic in conversation with research funders and decision-makers from around the world. They discuss the evolving research funding landscape, how emergency funding and research have pivoted to adapt to the current health crisis and explore what this means for the future of research.
Presentation of speakers and introductory remarks
- Collaborations & the Funding Landscape After Covid-19 – João de Almeida Pedro, Senior Manager, Partnership for Development Program, Gulbenkian Foundation (Portugal)
- Science Uncertainty & the Role of Governments – Monica Barni, Vice President, Toscana Regional Government (Italy)
- Changes to the Research Ecosystem – Thomas Christensen, Senior Vice President, Impact, Novo Nordisk Foundation (Denmark)
- Measuring Research Impact: Lessons from Australia’s First National Assessment – Sarah Howard, Branch Manager, Research Excellence Australian Research Council (Australia)
- Revisiting Ethics, Priorities & the Role of Science in Policy – Ignasi López Verdeguer, Director of Science & Research, “la Caixa” Foundation (Spain)
- Evolving & Ensuring the Value of Research – Elaine Williams, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) (UK)